Christian & Small, a well-established law firm in downtown Birmingham, AL, has an immediate opening for an Accounts Payable and Legal Billing Specialist. This role will include, but not be limited to, data entry for Accounts Payable and assisting with the firm’s legal billing and other accounting/administrative duties as needed.
Who we are looking for:
· A strong team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment
· Candidate must have basic knowledge of accounting principles
· The ideal candidate must have a stable work history and stellar references
· Candidate must be able to work harmoniously with other team members; and maintain regular and prompt attendance
What the Accounts Payable and Legal Billing Specialist does:
Accounts Payable Responsibilities
· Review and enter vendor invoices into accounts payable system daily
· Review client reimbursement and check requests daily and enter in accounts payable system
· Print and scan checks along with backup into Accounting folder before mailing
· Review various firm credit card statements, allocate charges and enter into accounts payable system
· Generate daily reports for Controller
Client and E-Billing Responsibilities
· Maintain complete billing records for assigned group of attorneys
· Review each pre-bill, make edits and generate bill in final form to mail/email to clients
· Submit bills electronically through various e-billing websites per client billing guidelines
· Maintain specific client billing requirements and ensure that requirements are met
· Ensure billing deadlines are met
· Daily posting of attorney time in billing system
· Perform other duties as needed or requested
What experience we require:
· Previous work experience in a law firm (or professional services firm) with time and billing utilizing billing software integrated with a General Ledger is strongly preferred.
· Able to produce a high quality work product while handling multiple tasks
· Strong written and verbal communication skills and organizational skills are required
· Computer proficiency with MS Office, Excel, and billing software programs is essential
· Some college is preferred; high school diploma or equivalent is necessary
If you would like to considered for this position and have the requisite experience and background, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Christian & Small is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary complimented by a full range of benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, and generous paid time off.