We are a small law firm that practices primarily family law and we are in search of an entry level associate attorney. This attorney will assist managing attorneys in cases, to include the pre-litigation stage of the case through settlement or trial of the case. The cases range from divorce, custody, adoption, other family law proceedings, eviction, social security disability, and criminal. The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude, a self-starter mindset, and strong work ethic.
This is a great opportunity for a new attorney to gain experience in the courtroom and in handling cases.
- Intake and consultations with potential clients.
- Drafting and reviewing pleadings and correspondence.
- Participate in developing cases to prepare for the trial.
- Research and interpret laws, regulations, procedures, etc.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients.
- Court appearances.
- Other duties as required.
- Juris Doctor degree (J.D) and 0-5 years of experience, or an equivalent of education, training, and experience.
- Must hold a current, valid state licensure to practice law in Alabama
- Birmingham, AL
- Travel for court appearances
- Paid Time Off (PTO): PTO + Holidays
Please apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and by sending us your salary requirements.