We are a small law firm that practices primarily family law and we are looking for a self motivated legal assistant to ensure smooth running of the office and effective case management. You will provide a broad spectrum of legal services under the supervision of an attorney.
- Provide administrative support to lawyer and enhance office effectiveness
- Handle communication with clients, witnesses etc.
- Administratively support and attend trials
- Prepare case briefs and summarize depositions, interrogatories and testimony
- Type up and file basic legal documents and correspondence
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Maintain contact lists
- Monitor deadlines and juggle calendars
- Proven working experience as legal assistant or legal secretary, not required but is a huge plus.
- Familiarity with law, legal procedures and protocols, and court system, not required but is a huge plus.
- Satisfactory knowledge of day-to-day operations of a legal office, not required but is a huge plus.
- Computer literacy
- Proficiency in English
- Working knowledge of case management software, not required but is a huge plus.
- Excellent secretarial and organizational skills
- Ability to juggle multiple activities and work under pressure
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $10.00 to $15.00 /hour
Please send resume to Amandastarkeylaw@gmail.com