Davidson, Davidson, Umbach & Forbus, LLC is seeking a professional Legal Secretary to oversee a range of administrative and secretarial tasks. As the Legal Secretary, your principal goal is to support attorneys by performing a range of clerical duties including attending court proceedings, researching case information, scheduling meetings, and filing legal documents. You will handle a variety of matters such as probate, litigation, domestic, and contracts/transactional.
In addition to being an excellent written and verbal communicator, the ideal candidate will be polite, professional, and organized.
- Provide secretarial support to one or more lawyers at the firm.
- Edit and proofread all legal documents.
- Draft correspondence.
- Maintain case files.
- Maintain attorney calendar by scheduling conferences, depositions, and meetings.
- Organize all legal documents and ensure they are updated.
- Ensure all court documents are in order and filed before deadlines.
- Answer emails and phone calls, and when necessary, redirect calls.
- Research and authenticate important case information.
- Prepare different legal documents including appeals, motions, and petitions.
- Skilled with MS Office.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Two years of higher education.
- Two years of experience in a similar role.
Job Type: Full-time
Here is the link to it: https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=davidson&l=Auburn%2C%20AL&vjk=5934754a89d2b2f2 (you may need to copy and paste into your browser).