Associates of The Watson Firm have a unique opportunity to work with some of the most exciting businesses and people. With our focus on entrepreneurs, you will see everything from the newest technology, complex business plans, and, yes, even some of the nastiest disputes if they go off track.
Our associate attorney will be responsible for drafting and reviewing contracts, reviewing and responding to discovery, researching legal issues, writing briefs and memos, and otherwise practicing law.
Our Firm is also unique in that we give associates opportunities to practice “real law” much earlier in their careers than at other firms. Our associates routinely handle in-court matters and client consults months, if not years before their colleagues at other firms.
- None required
- Resume describing your experience
- Short cover letter detailing what makes you unique from other applicants
- List of at least 3 recommendations, 5 are preferred
- At least one in-person interview
- Perform tasks as directed by more senior attorneys, including but not limited to:
- Researching legal issues
- Drafting memos
- Drafting pleadings and briefs
- Drafting and reviewing contracts
- Reviewing and responding to discovery
- Attending hearings
- Sitting in on client meetings
- Tracking changes in the law
- Tracking time for billing and reporting purposes
- Developing a legal practice niche
- First-year billable hours expectations are 1,200, increasing to 1,600 by Year 3
Compensation starts at $60,000 and comes with benefits such as health insurance, 401k with 1% match, parking, and marketing budget. Quarterly bonus based on performance.
To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Associate Attorney” in the subject line with the requirements listed above.