Huie, Fernambucq & Stewart has an immediate opening for an experienced litigation paralegal to join our civil defense firm. At least three years of prior paralegal experience in product liability and/or insurance defense is preferred. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, punctual and detail-oriented, and will have excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills (verbal and written).
• Participate in the litigation strategy and workup of assigned cases, including proposing next investigative steps
• Prepare discovery requests and discovery responses
• Analyze discovery responses and document production from other parties
• Assist with trial/arbitration/mediation preparation and attend/assist attorneys at trial
• Organize trial exhibits and summarize deposition transcripts
• Gather and analyze research data (e.g., statutes, decisions, legal articles, codes)
• Research and prepare non-party subpoenas
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Ability to organize and prioritize work autonomously/with minimal supervision
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills and team player mentality
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
• Prior experience with Trial Director preferred
• Prior experience with Worldox preferred
• Bachelor’s degree or paralegal certification preferred
Competitive compensation and benefits package, including health insurance, life insurance, long-term disability and 401(k). Salary commensurate with experience.
If interested, please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.