Littler Mendelson P.C. is seeking a Littler CaseSmart Counsel, Class Action Early Case Evaluation attorney. Littler CaseSmart utilizes data-driven technology and a specialized workflow process to provide superior service to our clients. Our attorneys are highly skilled in their fields and enjoy access to all the resources our firm can provide without the demands of a shareholder-track position.
Littler CaseSmart Counsel, Class Action Early Case Evaluation attorneys are responsible for effectively conducting the initial factual investigation into class, collective, representative, and complex litigation matters by collecting and reviewing key documents, communicating with the trial teams regarding the results of the same, assessing the potential for the removal of an action, working with the data analytics and trial teams to develop data in support of removal and/or damages modeling for the litigation, determining arguments for limiting the scope and size of a putative class or collective, and/or to defeat certification, analyzing the merits of the legal claims in the matter, and partnering with the case teams with respect to case strategy, recommendations, and resolutions, as appropriate. This position is also responsible for the following:
- Drafting answers, corporate disclosure, removal documents, and initial disclosures in various jurisdictions.
- Preparing a full evaluation of the case based on the needs of the client and trial team, including an assessment of the client’s wage and hour and/or other employment policies, analysis of the claims at issue in the case, and the possible and likely defenses in the matter.
- Providing sufficient information and analysis of cases to allow remaining members of the case teams to transition efficiently into discovery, preparation for mediation, brief writing, and/or subsequent phases of the case.
- Remaining available for questions and/or follow-up fact investigations or analysis, as needed.
- Acting as the point person or liaison between the trial team and the CaseSmart team to identify when additional team members are needed.
Candidates for this position should have:
- The ability to discern practical and well-founded options for the effective defense of class, collective, representative, and complex litigation matters in various jurisdictions, most notably in the area of wage and hour litigation.
- The ability to work with the data analytics team to develop damages modeling and an exposure assessment for class, collective, representative, and complex litigation matters.
- A minimum of six years of legal experience in employment, wage and hour, and/or class, collective, representative, or complex litigation cases and issues, including hands-on experience being responsible for cases through their entire life cycle.
- The ability to focus on the most relevant and important aspects of a case and to develop work product while simultaneously conducting the investigation and analysis of the case.
- An active bar license in the state of residence.
Littler CaseSmart Counsel are full-time, remote attorneys with a reduced billable hours requirement and with no obligation to engage in any business-related travel or any required business development. These positions are ideal for attorneys seeking interesting, challenging work that allows more flexibility than on-track roles. Pursuant to California, Colorado and New York City regulations, should an applicant be hired for this position, their annual starting salary will be $115,000. The total compensation package also includes eligibility for performance-based bonuses. We offer generous compensation and benefits packages. For more information visit: https://www.littler.com/culture-benefits
Littler is the largest global employment and labor law practice in the world exclusively devoted to representing management. With more than 1,700 attorneys in over 100 offices worldwide, Littler serves as the single-source solution provider to the global employer community. Consistently recognized in the industry as a leading and innovative law practice, Littler has been litigating, mediating and negotiating some of the most influential employment law cases and labor contracts on record for over 75 years.
For more information about our firm visit: www.littler.com.
For more information about our benefits visit: https://www.littler.com/culture-benefits
For more information about Littler CaseSmart visit: https://www.littler.com/innovation/littler-casesmart
Littler Mendelson is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer.